Friday, November 19, 2010

Herding Cows

Riding back to get the truck!
Bailey and Tylee

Oh, Oh, Oh, Stuck Like Glue-You and my baby are stuck like glue!
Me and Chase-We are best buds!



Head 'em up, move 'em out!

We love going on the desert to move cows, and this weekend turned out to be perfect! All we need is a few more horses. We love going down the river to Fuller's Bottom. Jana and Kyle had brought the cows down from the farm during the week. We took the cows from Hambrick Bottoms to the water trough near Fuller's Bottom. My kids loved every second of it. Wade was so excited that he didn't have to share his horse with anybody. Bailey was happy to run through the river and get us all wet. Chase was happy (until he got cold) and then was happy to be playing in the dirt with Kade. James was happy Chase got off so that he didn't have to ride double. I was just entirely happy to be on the desert. It is my favorite place in the entire world.
I bet I have ridden the trail down the river over 100 times. Riding that desert is my strongest and best memories of my dad. As we rode, it was funny to reminisce. I could think of a story for almost every bend in the trail, every tree, and even every bunch of tamaracks. My dad and I definitely had lots of unforgettable moments on that desert. The place where the dog ate the sandwiches, or where Jodi and I saw a porcupine. The sandy spot where Dolly would roll over every time we went through it. The place in the river where Jasa and my mom came close to drowning. The place in the river where my dad swam his horse for a mile and couldn't get out. The best spot to swim in the river, or the place where my dad packed all five girls across so that we didn't get wet. I could go on and on.
It is days like these that I really miss my dad. It was a great day, but it would have been better to hear his laugh (I won't ever forget his laugh). I really love my dad. I really love and cherish all the time that we spent together.

No comments: